• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Inherit the earth 2 ?

Started by Tobibrocki, Dec 28, 2005, 05:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleskitterbug

So what's the status on the sequel? Is there still going to be one? (here's hoping) Thanks.

WyrmMaster

Yes. We hope to have an official announcement in mid-January, maybe during Further Confusion.

JSM3050

I know things have been a bit hectic around the Keep but is there any more news to share?

WyrmMaster

Knux the Fox

Well, FC is this weekend.  I won't be there, since I live in Chicago, but I will be going to a mini-con setup by the great coordinators at LAFF.  I'm looking forward to hearing word on a release.  I'm still a bit confused about the overall appearance of the game...  So, ...well, I'd like to see some mock or functional screens...whichever comes first...  Well, if there are actual screens, I'd presume they wouldn't be followed by mock ones.  However, I'm just very eager to see another fine game of the likes of ITE to come to my lonesome pc.  Anyway, any news, please tell!

ITE Geek

Hello, all. :) I've been following this forum for a while now, and recently decided to register. I am ecstatic at the prospect of an ITE sequel! I found the game in a discount store, and was instantly hooked. However, I did think that the game ended with a cliffhanger. Now I know that that's because you were planning sequels. To make a long story short, I have been writing various versions of my own sequel as a novel, and if you're looking for a script, I would be glad to help.

WyrmMaster

We were going to have an announcement at Further Confusion, but we were unable to get all our ducks in a row in time. We need to get a web site set-up, send out proper press releases, spit out a new newsletter, etc. Maybe March.

Brought to you by the letter P... as in Procrastinate.

Lymril

Quote from: WyrmMaster on Dec 16, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yes. We hope to have an official announcement in mid-January, maybe during Further Confusion.

Sorry I couldn't be there.  Anyway, what's the latest?  We, your loyal fans, have been waiting for the next installment for over ten years. 
Some like it FURRY!
Visit #SoftPaws on FurNet IRC
General chat and light role play.
Channel Rating: MW (Mostly Worksafe)
www.furnet.org

ITE Geek

So, is it because of lack of funds that the original ITE went the way of the dodo?

Amaroq Wolf

Greetings. I came across a wikipedia entry on Inherit the Earth yesterday, and through that I found this site. I've just played the demo yesterday, and when I get paid this friday I'm gonna be getting the game.

Seeing this info about a second possible game has excited me. Which is cool, because I haven't even played the full game yet and I already love it.

I would love to help, but I'm no artist. Fortunately, there seems to be an abundance of artists just eager to help, so my lack of artistic-ness doesn't matter. :P I do, however, have experience in web languages. I know xhtml, css, php, and some javascript, so if you need a website for ITE2, I can help. And setting up a donation for it wouldn't be too difficult. Just get a paypal account. They can give you code for a button to put right on your site that people can use to pay. And you can deposit/withdrawl money to/from your paypal to/from your bank account.

About the game being an MMO, there is actually already a furry MMO. Furcadia. It's a MMOSG though, so technically I don't think there's a furry MMORPG yet.

While I'd love love to see a multiplayer or massively multiplayer ITE, or even an ITE where you can fight (I dunno if you can in the first one, I've only played the demo), I also think that the first in the series has a formula that works. They should try not to deviate from that anymore than they have to when making the next one. I like the charm and magic that this first one has (from what I've seen), and I'd hate to see that change in the second one. Fighting, for example, might take away from the nice-ness that we've come to see in the game. Or what I've seen in the demo anyway. A multiplayer mode... it'd be great, but what can you really do in multiplayer in an adventure game that would really set a multiplayer mode apart and make it worth implementing? And if there were fighting, it'd be kind of bland to just have basically either people with swords or people with bows. Magic could spice it up, but that would get too far away from the norm for this series.

I think that ITE2 should try to stay true to the first ITE. After Inherit the Earth 2, perhaps a MMO could be made as a sequel to that. It could be called Inherit the Net, and then a massively multiplayer thing could be put into place. Perhaps the massively multiplayer aspect could have different tribes, with actual players making up those tribes.

About the avatar you'll get in ITE2, will you get to customise their species, looks, clothes colors, etc? And I'm also curious about another thing. What language is the first one written in? What language will the second one be written in? I don't mean as in terms of english, etc, but rather in terms of programming languages.

Lymril

Quote from: Amaroq Wolf on Feb 06, 2007, 09:06 PM
About the avatar you'll get in ITE2, will you get to customise their species, looks, clothes colors, etc?

I was curious about the new avatars myself.  You said it would be in 3D, but I hope you don't mean something akin to the Khajiit in Morrowind, or worse, Oblivion.  I liked the avatars you had in the first version.  It was amazing what you accomplished in spite of the horrendously low resolution.
Some like it FURRY!
Visit #SoftPaws on FurNet IRC
General chat and light role play.
Channel Rating: MW (Mostly Worksafe)
www.furnet.org

Amaroq Wolf

Well, if it's gonna be 2D and 3D, perhaps that means that the 3D is going to be an illusion accomplished with amazingly detailed sprites. Like the Donkey Kong games for Super Nintendo.

ITE Geek

It was typical of the time to have that kind of pixellated shading...it was actually done quite well in other games, too, such as Mecc's Museum Madness, and a game called Lost Eden. I'm not sure what the actual technique is called, but yeah, Lymril, it created amazing displays, despite the graphics at the time.

WyrmMaster

I'm not sure what the actual technique is called

It's called "dithering."

littleskitterbug

I hate to be a pest, but...any news on ITE 2?