• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Did Humans have Automatons and are they still up and running?

Started by Kaijugod, Mar 10, 2017, 07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaijugod

This is a qustion I had for awhile but did humans have robots? I mean in the first game we see a repair unit in the damn and just recently in the comic we found out they had drones but did humans ever create fully functional robots? I could see it being possible as the humans in Inherit The Earth were far more advanced than us and were able to control the weather and create sentient morphs so I wouldn't find it impossible that the created fully functional robots as well. An intresting idea ive had was what if in the sequel you go to more human ruins and encounter robot drones that still wander the halls of these ruins as if their human masters still roamed them. I would love to see this idea be used and how the Morphs would react to this.

WyrmMaster please answer this question as I am very curious and considering how long human structures and artifacts last and how alot of their stuff is still up and running I could see this idea being possible.

Anyone else please share your ideas and thoughts on this question as I would love to see your answers.

WyrmMaster

In an earlier draft of the Catch and Release story, the drone was a robot in animal form. Then I decided against the idea of having robots of that kind on the island (or at least in the Known Lands).

Kaijugod

Did human ruins have any sort of defenses like turrents or security systems or even security robots?

cairn destop

The site encourages fan fictions.  Why not give us your version of a morph stumbling onto a functional human base.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

WyrmMaster

Quote from: Kaijugod on Mar 12, 2017, 10:43 AM
Did human ruins have any sort of defenses like turrents or security systems or even security robots?

Turrets? No.
Security systems? Yes.
Security robots? No -- for now

My responses in the forum are not-canonical though   :mellow:

Kaijugod

Just out of curiosity, did morphs ever have other names for humans? And did the morphs view the humans the same way or did each tribe have their own interpretation of humans?

cairn destop

You're coming up with lots of good questions and since the site hasn't provided answers, or have you, why not provide the answers yourself.  Let your imagination run wild.  You've got me working on a new fan fiction thanks to your first question.  Consider yourself challenged.  Just hoping I'll be allowed to post it when done.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

Kaijugod

Ill be looking forward to your fanfic. Let me know when its done id love to read it.

WyrmMaster

Quote from: Kaijugod on Mar 17, 2017, 05:27 AM
Just out of curiosity, did morphs ever have other names for humans? And did the morphs view the humans the same way or did each tribe have their own interpretation of humans?

I can't remember any Morph using any proper noun other than "human." Creators, teachers, or ancestors comes up sometimes, but those are relationships. Most Morph don't give humans much thought in their daily lives.