• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

New Update to Windows Version

Started by WyrmMaster, Mar 30, 2006, 03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyrmMaster

A third update to Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb for Windows is now available. You should only download and apply this update if you are having problems playing the game on an LCD monitor in full-screen mode. Symptoms of this problem are error messages such as "Input signal out of range" or obviously incorrect colors. This download is 324KB in size.

Visit the Update page for more details.  

JSM3050

While we're on the subject of game updates, I noticed that you need the 1.1 patch before you can install the 1.2 patch. Wouldn't it be simpler just to include everything in the newst patches. Sure, that might mean that the patches get bigger and bigger as more changes are made but you have to download all the data anyway.

Redrazrtalon

I'm not sure if this will be seen but....

I tried downloading and installing the update but now when i try and play the game my computer pops up and says that "ItE has stop working, Windows is looking for a solution" and then tells me to close the program.

I uninstalled and reinstalled ItE and it works fine but is still the original version. Any way i can get the update that makes it possible to run the game?

WyrmMaster

Did you update the CD-ROM or the downloadable version?

Redrazrtalon

The CD version, i have the 2008 release.

WyrmMaster

You say you "uninstalled and reinstalled ItE and it works fine but is still the original version." What do you mean by "the original version"? The updates only fix bugs, they don;t add any other new features except for a digital audio score, which I believe the 2008 CD release already has.

I will still look into why the 2008 CD release fails to update properly though.

WyrmMaster

I am unable to duplicate the failure of updating the 2008 release of the game.

Redrazrtalon, what OS are you running (Windows Vista, 7, 8, etc.)?