• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Artwork

Started by cairn destop, Apr 24, 2006, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairn destop

Just saw the picture of the week with the ferret worker.  Don't know why, but I kept getting the image of a master seargent yelling at this guy to "suck it in."  If he ever exhales, that belt will do some serious injury.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

JSM3050

Maybe he's a new conscript for the ferret militia. ;)

cairn destop

As with the other topic, this one has also been somehow deleted from the site.  Until the powers that be can either restore what was lost or the membership can remember what they said, I'll start the art segment again.

My first comment is to encourage members to check out the character page.  It seems that the site has added the newest characters as they are introduced.  Some very nicely done cameos.  

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

AllieFiona

As I commented in "the story to date", the forum pages here have become seriously sick.  Joe, who's in charge of making things run right, has been out of town but is due back today.  As far as I can tell, forum history is being wiped out every night.  I suspect that some toggle got set wrong or something, telling the forum program to get rid of older messages.  Joe will know.  I hope.

AllieFiona

Fashions change.  Just as bell bottoms and afros have come and gone and come again, Ferret utility belts have undergone changes over the years.  As for comfort, I am s-o-o-o glad girdles are no longer required for women like myself.    :ph34r:

cairn destop

That "creature" from the dungeon maze was quite fearsome.  Reminded me of some wolf or heavy set dog, such as a husky or rottweilder.  Just on a sidenote, since the strip missed a week, will there be two to catch-up?  (hedgehog on knees hoping the answer is yes.)

WyrmMaster

Nope, only one strip this week.

cairn destop

Have seen our guest artist work on her website, (thanks for the link), and am most impressed.  Do think she follows a different style with her characters as their feet are more "human" than those in the strip.  Too bad she doesn't do commissions.

JSM3050

Okay, I have an official request that for ITE2, you use the concept art for the forest king's hall. That would look incredible with today's graphics (heck, even graphics from one of the older Myst games would've done it good).

cairn destop

Just got a look at the "Harem Girl" artwork.  Now that is what I call an exotic attire.  I do notice that the feet seemed more anatomically human.  The swirling dress must be hiding the tail, or the old hedgehog's eyes cannot spot it in this picture.  Think the lady having the long and floppy style for her ears gives this a stronger other world feeling.  A very good picture.

cairn destop

I am curious about the character sketches.  Was wondering if you intend updating this page whenever another character is introduced, such as the harem lady, Annabelle.  Also thought that the cameo of Sandy should be redone.  It seems too washed out colorwise and ill-defined in that it looks moldy.  Of the ones given, his is one I would think should be better since he appears to be a major character.

cairn destop

Am sure somebody is going to comment about this being the third successive posting, but nobody else is commenting.

The drawing of Annabelle must be an old one and one submitted by fax.  It is quite poor in quality, though it is detailed enough that had anyone wanted to expand on this character they could do so easily thanks to this concept picture.

Noticed some definite improvements between the concept drawing and the one used in the strip.  The concept drawing has her butt thrown behind her, based on the drawing.  Reminds me of the style of the antibellum southern lady, who looked like they too were not standing erect.  The cottonball tail is downplayed in the current strip and the hairstyle is neater, both improvements over the concept drawing. 

My first impression of the concept drawing was "dumb dog" and "dumb blond bimbo."  The comic has elevated her to regal lady and intelligent.  A little snooty, but expected with royalty.

AllieFiona

Sorry about the silence.  Trying to catch up on my work backlog after taking several out of town trips in a row.

Yes, Annabelle is one sharp cookie.  In my opinion, all three harem dogs are smarter than you'd think just by looking at them.  The dog tribe is highly political, and getting the plum positions requires a little savvy.

I tend to think of Zsa Zsa Gabor when I draw Annabelle.  Exotic, graceful, snooty.

AllieFiona

>>Also thought that the cameo of Sandy should be redone.  It seems too washed out colorwise and ill-defined in that it looks moldy.

I have been planning to re-do Sandy's cameo for a long time, though for different reasons.  (On my computer he doesn't look washed out).  I did the cameo at the same time as his first appearance, and by his 3rd appearance his color pattern had changed.  My old computer had died at that point, and I lost the original Sandy studies.

At some point I will have caught up with my other things and will be able to update the oldest cameos.  Thanks for the input!

WyrmMaster

Yes, Heidi's Annabelle sketch is a scan from a fax.

Allison, I do have a copy of the PDF with Sandy's portrait. I will email it to you.