• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

The story to date

Started by cairn destop, Apr 24, 2006, 03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieFiona

Cairn, I commend you for avoiding all the bad puns that spring to mind with this week's picture.  

JSM3050

FERRET MILITIA!!!! :D  

compboy1

I find that thought both hilarious and terrifying...

AllieFiona

I think we were talking about diplomacy.     ;)  

compboy1

As stated in another thread, some setting probably got set wrong.

Most forums have an auto pruning feature, which helps keep the forum (And the supporting database) from getting too large by getting rid of older posts. It's possible that setting got tripped to remove all posts older than 1 day every day.

That, or the entire MySQL database is going belly up, though I doubt that...

Anyhow, we were at the moment speaking on the issue of diplomacy. Basic gist was that both Elara and Rhene could have done better: Elara by taking into account Rhene's lack of diplomatic skills, and by formatting the letter to (in essence) suck up to Prince's ego; Rhene by choosing her words more carefully.

Furthermore, there was a thesis that the main reason for the difficulties between the Rabbit and Dog tribes was the lack of such foresight in past exchanges.

I'll dig through my cache tonight to see if I can find a snapshot of the old thread...

cairn destop

So now we have a shift in the story.  Strange things happening in the village.  Wonder if there will be some relationship between these two events.

I think I should be commended on avoiding all the bad puns that spring to mind with this week's picture.  There are so many I could almost have a contest asking others to name them.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

cairn destop

First thing I'll say is somebody must have forgotten to backup material.  We had quite a thread or two going in here.  Oh well, we can start this thing again, unless somebody finds the formal stuff.

So, who wants to comment on the strips to date?

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

AllieFiona

Wow.  It seems that this forum is seriously broken.  Perfect timing, too.  Joe has been out of town, away from access to the internet.  He is due back tonight.  I don't know if he'll be able to restore things or not.  We'll see.

:blink:

cairn destop

This latest strip, (5/17/2006), is quite a departure from what we had to date.  Not only is it in the "newspaper" black and white, but it lacks both the dimentional look and the shading the earlier strips contained.

Yes, I see this is as a cute way of introducing a new author/artist.  In all honesty, I'm looking forward to the different perspective.  It has an element of comedy.  So the old hedgehog will extend his welcome and will look forward to the next regular installment.

And least we forget, congratulations are in order for the release of a dead tree version.