• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

The story itself

Started by cairn destop, Oct 05, 2005, 05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSM3050

*Laughing* That's true enough.

EDIT - A thought just occured to me. Why are Rif and Rhene still in the Ferret Village? Wouldn't they have returned to their own tribe by this point?

AllieFiona

I don't recall what made them decide to stay with the ferrets.  Joe, do you remember?  I know that Rif gets along well with them, and they did make him an honorary member of their guild.  Perhaps the context of Rif and Rhene's living there will become clearer as the story progresses.

cairn destop

LOGIC ERROR!

I can understand the ferret in today's strip asking the question, but the reaction to the answer by the two foxes does not make sense.  They would have checked the immediate area for anything related to the unknown wolf child in hopes of finding the male's family.  (Remember one said something about the nearest wolf colony.)
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

AllieFiona

Rif actually said that the nearest Wolf colony was very far away.  And yes, one of them would have made a cursory search of the immediate area and established that there wasn't anything else obvious to find.  But they wouldn't have looked hard-- not if they had any compassion for a child who needed immediate shelter.  This was an assumption subsumed into the general flow of the story, rather than shown panel-per-panel.  Elaborately covering all their actions would have slowed the story down.  (If we showed every nuance of every scene, we'd be lucky if they even got back to the ferret village by now.)  

I think Rif probably would have gone back to the beach on his own to look for more clues the morning after, if he hadn't been distracted by the nifty puzzle Sandy had brought with him.  Notice how, in the course of his travels, Rif sort of forgot about his quest to find out who Sandy was, and got more and more involved in what the object was.  

JSM3050

There are two kinds of foxes: the intelligent, clever, and quick-witted ones and Rif, the flakey, qick-mouthed one. ;) :D

WyrmMaster

I think of Rif as intellegent, clever and quick-witted AND flakey and quick-mouthed.  :blink:  

WyrmMaster

QuoteI don't recall what made them decide to stay with the ferrets.  Joe, do you remember?  I know that Rif gets along well with them, and they did make him an honorary member of their guild.  Perhaps the context of Rif and Rhene's living there will become clearer as the story progresses.
I believe that Rif is going to explain that in a future strip. Allie, you should find it in the master plot document where Rif and...

Oh, yeah. I can't mention that yet... ;)

cairn destop

Two things to note in today's strip.  Liked the way the discarded fabric shows the eyeholes for stringing them together.  Second item was the detail of the crab.  Gave it a cute summery touch.

Just saw that latest sketch of the wildcat.  Wish I could use that picture for my villian in the Redwall fan fiction I am writing.  She has that evil and sadistic look that fits my character.

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

JSM3050

Yeah, that pic of the Wildcat chieftess didn't look like her at all. The expression belonged on one of Gar's lackeys.

cairn destop

Another thing I noticed in the current strip.  Do you notice the respect Sandy gives Rif?  Perhaps its a male thing as wolves have separate pecking orders between males and females.  Thing is, when Sandy realizes he has the size on Rif, will he become as beligerant with him as he did with Rhea?

JSM3050

Or maybe Rhene gave Sandy that chewing out we were talking about earlier and it couldn't be shown 'cause she used some bad words. ;) :D

Rif's "flakiness" will probably come out again and, as long as he stays out of the way, Sandy probably won't do much.

cairn destop

The third and fourth panel have Sandy's expression done to perfection.  First the attempt at hiding the past and then his defience.  Wonder if the kid went over the side deliberately.  Many questions, no answers.  Makes me wish this came out a lot more often than once a week.

cairn destop

Ok, one good point, one bad.  

First the bad.  What happened with Sandy?  Whatever caused his attitude has been ignored and now we have the two very cooperative.  There seems to be no animosity or memory of the conflict.  

And now the good.  That final panel with the dark and mysterious stranger lurking in the foreground was just the right hook for drawing the readers to the next strip.  I know its almost a cliche having that happen, but you did it very well.  The figure is ill-defined and yet has enough form that I got the idea of panther or wolf.  Either should provide a lot of story material for future strips.

JSM3050

Yeah, what happened? :blink:

Even though there is only one strip a week, I'd personally prefer to see more of what's going on. There usually seems to be some scene or piece of information left out between strips.

WyrmMaster

QuoteWhat happened with Sandy?  Whatever caused his attitude has been ignored and now we have the two very cooperative.  There seems to be no animosity or memory of the conflict.  
Noted. The strip has been updated to make that clear.

You didn't know it was an interactive comic, did you?

;)