• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

New tribes to be introduced in comic?

Started by Wes13, Nov 10, 2005, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes13

I was wondering if would there be new tribes in the comic?

I have an idea for a tribe: The Horse tribe. They were origionally in the location of the desert some where in the southern reagons. While they were migrating they discovered a large achient city with an achient building of some sorts that was domed with four spires coming out of the four corners of the building. They then ventured inside and found an achient book written in a strange language that wes nothing more than scribbles but there were pictures in the book. On most of the pictures there was always a picture of a human male with his face covered with a cloth and a flame behind him. The tribe was curious about these strange books and eventually settled in the achient city. They later were able to decypher the old book and the morals in that book are now the basis of their laws and customs.

How's that idea for a tribe?
"Enemies of the Imperium, you have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. We are the First Kronus regiment and today is our Victory Day!" -Governor Lukas Alexander, Leader of the Imperial Guard forces on the planet Kronus

cairn destop

Think the only problem I can see is the lack of dextarity.  A hoof cannot be too effective for holding things.  Then again, why not?  After all, there is suppose to have been a tribe of deer, and they should have had the same problems.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

JSM3050

Eeah is an elk, which is close enough to a deer. As for the dexterity problem, Eeah is almost always drawn with a bow. Can't be too bad of a shot if that's his prefered weapon. B)  

Wes13

SO you all have an idea on what that book and mysterious building is right?
"Enemies of the Imperium, you have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. We are the First Kronus regiment and today is our Victory Day!" -Governor Lukas Alexander, Leader of the Imperial Guard forces on the planet Kronus

JSM3050

You've lost me I'm afraid.

What are you talking about, Wes13?

Wes13

The book that they find in the achient temple that is talked about in my first post.  

Benny the otter

I was wondering about the possibility of an Otter tribe. Not just because I love otters, but also because a tribe of fisherman and sailors sounds like a cool idea.
"Look at these people. Look at their potential. I mean, from the day we arrived on this planet, and blinking step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than can - no, wait, hold on....sorry, that's The Lion King." - The Doctor, Doctor Who, The Christmas Invasion.

WyrmMaster

There are Otters in Inherit the Earth, but only one has been shown in the game and in the comic. This strip has the otter:

http://www.inherittheearth.net/comic.shtml?0056

So there is an Otter tribe somewhere...

WyrmMaster

I can say without giving away any significant plot points that there will be additional Otter characters in the comic strip.

Benny the otter

Yeah, but not much has been shown of them. I'd loe to see more of my fish munching friends!
"Look at these people. Look at their potential. I mean, from the day we arrived on this planet, and blinking step into the sun. There is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do than can - no, wait, hold on....sorry, that's The Lion King." - The Doctor, Doctor Who, The Christmas Invasion.

Oxanna

A year later I reply: oh yeah, you can say that again about an otter coming into the strip...

cairn destop

Check out the archives "I just want to know one thing" for another otter.  At least I think it is either an otter or a ferret.  Am leaning to otter as it has the attire of a seaman and the box Sandy had contained as sextant.  As you said, otters and the sea would be naturals.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

Oxanna

Yay! We're bringing the thread alive again! Whohooo!
No, but seriously: Benny the Otter did bring it back alive a year ago, and it died again... hey, is this going to become an annual thing? ;)
Well, if the otter/ferret was carrying Sandy's box, it would have to be an otter, seeing as Sandy got a shock when the ferrets talked about the otter... I don't think he'd get much of a fright out of that if he was fearing a ferret. Instead, I think Sakka and her friends might have scared him to death when he was half-conscious right at the beginning.