• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Music? (General)

Started by pinkgothic, Jan 29, 2005, 07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkgothic

Something I can't seem to find in the credits: Where is the game music from? :huh:

Also, I can't seem to post in the general Labyrinth of Time board ("Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum"), so please excuse the post in the bug board, it's definitely not a bug... :D *very much enjoys the music*

WyrmMaster

This thread has been moved to the General The Labyrinth of Time Forum now that the permissions are fixed.

Now on the primary question: The music is the game was licensed from a stock music company, which is why there are no credits.

pinkgothic

Thanks for fixing the permissions. :)

Pity there's no credits, some of the tracks are really good (IMO). Well chosen, anyway. :P Thanks for your help!

woxel1

Thanks for clearing that up WyrmMaster! That is something that has always bothered me since... well... there's this episode of Spongebob Squarepants called "Hall Monitor" that uses a snippet of music that is also heard in TLOT. In fact, the episode in question was on this Very Morning. Spooky.

pinkgothic

Spooky indeed. :o

I was wondering, is there means to record the music into mp3 files? Or otherwise listen to it whilst doing something other than playing the game on the PC? I'd really like that.

Note that I have both the original BACKGROU and the new one (double size), so a solution for either would work for me.

woxel1

There's a progam on Mac OS X that allows you to record system audio. I was planning on recording LOT's "soundtrack" (once the darn thing comes in the mail!), but as far as posting to the interwebs it it's up to the WyrmMaster, I guess.

eriktorbjorn

QuoteI was wondering, is there means to record the music into mp3 files? Or otherwise listen to it whilst doing something other than playing the game on the PC? I'd really like that.
I believe the music is simply stored as uncompressed 16-bit audio data (8-bit in the original?), but I don't remember if it's signed or unsigned, and I don't know the sample frequency.

pinkgothic

I was able to extract the music and now have it so I can listen to it when I'm doing something else, too. I used a little program called Loop Recorder in case someone wants to do as I did - it was very useful in the process, it's availible on download.com :) I'm excited to finally have that music, though. It makes for a great RPing atmosphere. :P  

Corvus

QuoteI was able to extract the music and now have it so I can listen to it when I'm doing something else, too. I used a little program called Loop Recorder in case someone wants to do as I did - it was very useful in the process, it's availible on download.com :) I'm excited to finally have that music, though. It makes for a great RPing atmosphere. :P
Unfortunately, when I searched for Loop Reader, I only found "Live 5.0.1".  If I were to supply you with my email, could I convince you to use Yousendit.com to send the program to me?  I've wanted the Labyrinth music for years.

pinkgothic

QuoteUnfortunately, when I searched for Loop Reader, I only found "Live 5.0.1".  If I were to supply you with my email, could I convince you to use Yousendit.com to send the program to me?  I've wanted the Labyrinth music for years.
Oh, definitely. No problem. :)

pinkgothic

Corvus

Hmm.  I thought I sent you a PM with my email address several days ago.  Did it not go through?

pinkgothic

You sent me an eMail, not a PM :) I did get that. It's just an eMail address I don't check much. No, the comment was in regards to my lack of luck with YouSendIt.com :P Will be uploading the tracks to a temporary location of my own tomorrow or on tuesday. :)

Corvus

QuoteYou sent me an eMail, not a PM :) I did get that. It's just an eMail address I don't check much. No, the comment was in regards to my lack of luck with YouSendIt.com :P Will be uploading the tracks to a temporary location of my own tomorrow or on tuesday. :)
D'oh!  Well, at least it got through.  :lol:  

ShadowMan

I've already ripped the entire Labyrinth of Time soundtrack and separated it into the different songs. If anyone wants one, feel free to contact me via AIM.