• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Morph Match

Started by WyrmMaster, Apr 19, 2008, 02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyrmMaster

Please post your comments about the our first web-based game, Morph Match, here.

cairn destop

Just tried accessing but kept getting an error message.

"Character expected, line 9"

Any chance of a downloadable version?
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

WyrmMaster

What browser and operating system are you using?

When all the game's features are in-place, I will see about creating a downloadable version.

cairn destop

Windows Internet Explorer Version 7

Using Windows XP

Java SE Runtime Environment 6, Update 1

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

WyrmMaster

I think it's fixed now.

cairn destop

Tried it this morning.  It works fine.  Very addictive too.

cairn destop

If you are taking suggestions:

1 --- I would like to see a more "dramatic" ending to the game.  Something like having all the tiles shatter or fall off the screen to reveal the message "game over"

2 --- Can a "hint" key combination be added?  Sometimes I miss the possible combinations that are allowed.  It would speed the game.

3 --- Can a scoreboard be added where high scores, your high score, or the last game's score could be displayed?  This would be something of a goad to do better.

4 --- Considering the difficulty of getting orbs, I was very disappointed when I managed to string three orbs in a row.  Nothing special happened.  Suggest that getting three or more orbs in a row eliminates the columns and getting three or more orbs in a column eliminates the rows.

WyrmMaster

1, 2 and 3 are all good ideas. (High scores are something I was already thinking about.)

The orbs really serve a different purpose than the standard blocks, so I think the functionality will remain the same (or similar).