• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Artwork

Started by cairn destop, Apr 24, 2006, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllieFiona

The boars like to think of themselves as fierce, hardened warriors to be feared.  Perhaps of late they have grown a little soft.

cairn destop

Saw the picture of the female wildcat for August 24, 2007.  If it were allowed, I would dress that cat in a uniform and have her picture labled "Purrnella."  She was one very cruel and sadistic wildcat in a fan fiction story I did on another site.  Hedgehog is so green with envy of the talented artist.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

cairn destop

It has been a while since I posted, so the doubling is allowed.  (I hope)

Must be at your end, but I'm not seeing any horizontal line that interrupts the picture posted on December 21.  The Roswell style is interesting, yet realistic for an animal culture.  As to what everyone is doing, I have a feeling it was a training class and whatever command was given, all the Morphs gave a proper response, which caused great joy.  As to the turtle, I like to think of him as already trained and his duty was delivering mail.  (Note the object in his paw.)  Yeah, I'm seeing too much in a simple cartoon.

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

Oxanna

Heheh. "Carrier Turtle."

Mmmmm....I'm not so sure... I don't like the Gray-ness of the Humans, seeing as the Grays are real occultic figures. I wouldn't like my race to be associated to them in that way.

WyrmMaster

As I mentioned on the page, I think the turtle was afterthought. The artist noticed that it looked like all the characters were holding their hands up like they were being robbed, so he added a turtle holding a gun.  -_-

Oxanna

:lol:
I never even noticed that...

cairn destop

This week has had some big changes in the art work.  The first was the classic picture.  That was a most helpful board for those wishing to do any drawing or fan fiction as it gives the relationship of size with the known morph species.  Though slight variences can be made in those, it is a helpful guide.

The second big art item was the revamping of the character page.  Am now convinced it must be my monitor, but Sandy's fur coloration still appears to be a moldy greenish tone.  Still, a nice improvement over the earlier page, though that is no slight to whomever did those.  I just found their shading too dark.

AllieFiona

Sandy was standing under fluorescent lights when he had his picture taken.

light wolf

A little mistake in the description of the classic sketch of the week, isn'it ?

Top row : the third character is not Shiala the she-wolf, but seems to be an huntress of the wildcats tribe.

Anyway, it's a very interesting picture.

WyrmMaster

Whoops. Fixed.

cairn destop

Just curious as to why no classic since the first of the month.  Always looking forward to those.

cairn destop

Just got a look at the updated classic page.  Think it is an improvement over the long line of thumbprints (I think that's the term) earlier.  Indexing them by subject matter and by artist will make searching through them a lot easier.  May I also suggest an index by date as some might want to know which ones were added since their last visit.  (Just an idea for the old suggestion box.)

WyrmMaster

The last 5 added sketches are shown at the top. Is that not sufficient?

cairn destop

Quote from: WyrmMaster on Apr 11, 2008, 11:08 AM
The last 5 added sketches are shown at the top. Is that not sufficient?

Bad me; didn't notice that.

cairn destop

Just saw the artwork for June 13, 2008.  Just one comment:  Hey Allester, I think I found your character a new mate.

Serious though, the picture shows a female who is sure of herself.  Would make an interesting character for the current story.  Can you imagine what would happen to Rif if she say Sandy and her maternal instincts kicked into high gear?  Think Xenia as she is kicking butt.

If this is a character from the game, could somebody give a quick bio?