• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

We win

Started by WolfieInu, Oct 20, 2007, 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfieInu

THAT'S RIGHT

We win!

The Rugby World Cup is OURS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! MOOI SO OUENS!!!!!
Shiba Inu: Today the local ecosystem, tomorrow the world!

WyrmMaster

No, no, no. South Africa winning the Rugby World Cup only seems like (rugby) fan fiction.

WolfieInu

*seethes with anger* HOW DARE YOU, INFEDEL!!!    :)

Ja sorry, I got carried away and posted something about our victory on every forum/blog/etc. I'm subscribed at. Deleted most of it this morning in the cold light of day, but couldn't remove this entry here. Sorry about the spam, shan't happen again.

Oxanna

Well, if the Morph discovered a rugby ball and the 2007 world cup and a book of rugby rules and started playing rugby, I guess it would be allowed...  -_-

WolfieInu

But, how would they kick the ball?

cairn destop

Quote from: WolfieInu on Oct 22, 2007, 09:28 AM
But, how would they kick the ball?

And what rule is that that said you must face in the direction of the kick?  Can see it now.  A mule kicking the ball with his back turned, or a deer kicking forward with those hard hooves.  Can you say field goal from anywhere on the pitch?  Or the cats as running backs?  Imagine boars chasing after a cheeta.  Come to think of it, rugby might be a fun game in their world.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

WolfieInu

QuoteAnd what rule is that that said you must face in the direction of the kick?

You may have problems turning around and kicking in mid-gallop, though. Morph rugby would probably be more oriented towards running, than kicking, except kicks from a standing start (e.g. penalties).

Quote...a deer kicking forward with those hard hooves.

Or a springbok :)  Yeah... Percy Montgomery, the springbok Springbok. That oughta be good...

QuoteCan you say field goal from anywhere on the pitch?

I'm waiting to grow strong legs and hooves :)    (quote from the game, BTW)

QuoteImagine boars chasing after a cheeta[h].

I'd rather not imagine a scrum involving boars and cheetahs, though. The results might be less than pretty:

Ref: "Lock... engage!"

(Medic starts running onto the field)

Boars: "Oomph!"

Cheetahs (simultaneously): "OWWWWW, MY EAR!"

QuoteCome to think of it, rugby might be a fun game in their world.

It would be very different, no question... *winces*

Oxanna

Well, actually I think they'd come up with some special rule for scrums when the Boars played the Cheetahs... no, wait, make that Bulls playing Cheetahs! ;)
Otherwise, Boar and Cheetah lawyers would be very, very rich... one tribe I would not like to imagine playing rugby would be Dogs. They'd sit down and chew the ball, and completely forget about the game! Or, they would dig holes all over the field... stop and sniff and 'mark' the rugby poles... smell something stinky and roll in it in the middle of everything... get tired and go to sleep on the field... start attacking the referee just because he got too close to the scrum... the possibilities are endless. -_-

WolfieInu

QuoteWell, actually I think they'd come up with some special rule for scrums when the Boars played the Cheetahs...

Perhaps they'd have to wear helmets as in American football.

Quote...one tribe I would not like to imagine playing rugby would be Dogs.

Or the Cats. They'd only play if they were in the mood, and wander off aimlessly during the game. Or gallop around the stadium twice for no apparent reason.