• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Alter the Earth

Started by Kay, Jul 02, 2004, 01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kay

Having just finished the game, I took a look at the files to see if there was any easy way to modify them, putting in new graphics and text. While on North Island I decided the cheery overworld music was inappropriate, and replaced that song with "Another World" from Chrono Cross -- easy, since the music files are all just MIDIs. The "scripts" file in the main directory was partly readable in Notepad but crashed the game when altered even a little.

The graphics are apparently a combination of pre-drawn 3D scenes (like the dam), little square tiles (for the overworld), and diamond "isometric" tiles (eg. Ferret Village). The last two would probably be easiest to change and rebuild into new maps.

I suspect that a hex editor, or the editing tools developed for X-Com: UFO Defense, would let people customize the game to some extent. Anyone care?

Wes13

Yea I also was thinking mabye I could make an unnoffical sequal to ITE as a mod for the origional.
"Enemies of the Imperium, you have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. We are the First Kronus regiment and today is our Victory Day!" -Governor Lukas Alexander, Leader of the Imperial Guard forces on the planet Kronus