• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Color version of first strip.

Started by Clockwork Fox, Jun 09, 2005, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cairn destop

Did the same artist do the picture in the strip as did the concept art?  The concept art rendition has a more "feral" or harder look, as if the character had had a harsh life and had learned from the experience.  The strip has a more gentle look, I was surprised when the character was defined as feline.  Her expression in the strip is almost playful.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

WyrmMaster

The sketch was drawn by April Lee. Elara doesn't look quite that old in the game:

She is drawn with less shading in the strip, so she looks even younger; but I don't think the intent is for her to be young.

JSM3050

Considering Elara knows what the Elf King was doing when he was young, I'd guess she's fairly old (but certainly not old enough to be helpless).

Tggtt

QuoteConsidering Elara knows what the Elf King was doing when he was young, I'd guess she's fairly old (but certainly not old enough to be helpless).
Right, another detail is her sister, she looks very old!

Then Elara must be Old too.

cairn destop

Too bad there were no badgers in the game.  Today's picture, (3/17/06), had some oddities to be sure.  The gag clock with the broken propeller.  A microwave that had wings.  (Anyone want to guess where they should be?)  A plant holder doubling as a commentary on us and how we vegitate before the television.  

As to the badger, those glasses were a hoot.  Made him look like he had no eyes.  And where's his tail flag?  

Rif's picture wasn't too flattering either, though the expression was something that really makes this a delightful picture.

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

compboy1

QuoteRif's picture wasn't too flattering either, though the expression was something that really makes this a delightful picture.
One thing that immediately stood out to me was that Rif is carrying some sort of sward or dagger, not something that I've noticed before...

cairn destop

An interesting picture for 3/24/06, which did make me say "cute."  Just some of the things I noted:

1 - the elder has four fingers showing and the thumb hidden
2 - the feet are more "human" since they appear flatter
3 - the girl's paw resting on the leg has a total of three fingers
4 - wondered if the dog's breed would have him docked

cairn destop

I wasn't going to say anything about the picture of Prince, but after seeing today's submission, I'm wondering what happened.  The quality really dropped, unless the original has faded.  Both the drawing of Prince and today's, (4/21/06), look like somebody submitted an incompleted "connect the dots" picture.

compboy1

From what I can surmise from WyrmMaster's comments, a lot of the pictures are in fact faxes of the artwork, thus the low quality.

Marcus Wulf

WAAAAAAAAAA! I cant see the strip! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I wanna see it in COLOR! But I CANT! :angry: Can I find the Strip somewhere else? PM me if you know. Please? :huh:
Why are batteries never included?
Why do they charge GST all the damn time?
Why do they always use chicken salt and forget the gravy?
Why don't I ever stop complaining? Why? Because I'm a demented anthromorphic fuzzy freak. 0_o