• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Bug in the 1950's diner? (spoiler)

Started by eriktorbjorn, Dec 28, 2004, 01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eriktorbjorn

In the 1950's diner there is a jukebox. If I put a quarter in it, a silver key will appear in the coin return slot near the floor. So far so good.

However at the normal view, or when zooming in on the bottom half, of the jukebox I can take the silver key even without putting in the quarter first. It's only when I zoom in on the coin return slot itself - where I can actually see that it's empty - that I can't get the key for free.

This seems a bit strange to me.

WyrmMaster

I don't know if this is a bug from the original version or something we introduced. We'll check it out. Thanks.

eriktorbjorn

I showed a screenshot to someone, who then checked with the DOS version. He said it looked the same there.

pinkgothic

QuoteI don't know if this is a bug from the original version or something we introduced. We'll check it out. Thanks.
It's a bug from the original game.

I own the original, but I can't play it anymore because it either (1) won't run at all [crash at startup] (2) won't display the save/load screen if it does [also crash]. So I can't play it anymore, but I remember the silver key issue from when it last worked.

pinkgothic

Part of the bug is that you can pick up the key again and again, too. I guess it's a missing if-statement/bracket?

And yes, it's definitely from the old version. I've been replaying it a lot lately, I can't complete it because it crashes when I [SPOILER] open the door in the cave by pushing the cart [/SPOILER], but the silver key thing is definitely a bug from the old game.