• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

The Fortune Teller

Started by Light, Aug 29, 2009, 09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Inherit the Earth: Quest for the Orb should be Inherity the Earth: The Orb of Storms.
The Fortune Teller : Cat Morph at the beginning of the game says the orb is one of many.
The Orb of Storms can predict and control weather.

What are the other orbs.
What can they do?

cairn destop

A second orb is mentioned in the comic strip.  There is suppose to be one with the ferrets that has information regarding construction projects.  I used that as part of a fan fiction.  Don't know if there are any others, but that would leave a lot open for speculation.  Perhaps the second game, whenever it is released, will have more information regarding additional orbs.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

Light

Ah. The Ferrets would just take it apart and see how it worked. I thought they weren't allowed to touch the orbs because of this. Besides, the orbs didn't belong to anyone right? It was just a relic.

cairn destop

Since I haven't played the game, I don't know if they reveal how the orbs came to be.  My guess is that they are relics of the human technology and the morphs found them.  The morphs are intelligent enough to use the operational orbs if they find them.  Hence, some morph found the Orb of Storms, learned how to use it, established a religion around it, extorted whatever they needed from surrounding communities, and are trying to hide the fact that it is still missing.

Although the ferrets might WANT to take the orb apart, they know a good thing when they have it.  The orb gives them an advantage by showing them how things are built.  Since its powers are something any morph could eventually learn, they use it to enhance their stature as builders.  Which makes the ferrets more honorable in my mind.

As to ownership, I'm sure the community leaders would hold the orbs "for the good of all."  I'm sure the morphs are prone to the same vices as mankind, if the current story arc is any indication.  So if a morph found an orb, figured out how to use it, and that use proved useful, he would try keeping it for himself.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."