• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Maps

Started by Oxanna, Nov 13, 2007, 02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxanna

Here is the first part of the Rat Maze.
I know there's another map of it here somewhere, but I thought as I was going to do all of them I might just as well do the Rat Maze over in my own style.

The program I used was Paint Shop Pro 7.
I hope to have the second part done by Thursday.
The other three mazes will follow shortly.

Oxanna

Here's the second part of the map.

WolfieInu

So, you carried out your threat. ;) Well done.

The only things I'd do differently:

- The classification colour for "Normal Room" is too bright, being at a different saturation value (greyness) than all other map elements. I'd make it greyer, though not necessarily darker.
- The colour of Sist's Room is out of place. Since you must emphasise it, I'd advise you to use a more "happy colour". Brown is too somber for the map.
- The order of items in the legend (Key) is jarring. The colours don't progress from dark to light, making it a bit of an eyesore. I would rearrange the colours in order of brightness value.

And I know the blue colour scheme is an important part of the "look", but I wouldn't have restricted myself to a blue colour scheme in the first place. It doesn't leave you very much to work with. But with or without a blue colour scheme I would definitely have made the background lighter. A dark map is hard to read.
Shiba Inu: Today the local ecosystem, tomorrow the world!

Oxanna

Hey, I don't want to make it too easy! ;)
In the other maps I'll make it easier for myself, though; the monster maze will be reddish-brown and green, the airport, actually, only needs two colours, etc.
Thanks for the tips!

That reminds me: have you found the hand-drawn version of the Dog Castle yet? If not... <evil laughter>  -_-

WolfieInu

What, you mean I'll have to map it again? Not a chance
Shiba Inu: Today the local ecosystem, tomorrow the world!

Oxanna

Zere are vays und means...