• Welcome to The Wyrmkeep Entertainment Co. Forum.

News:

The forum returns! Still working on tweaks.
Please contact techsupport@wyrmkeep.com to get a forum account.

Main Menu

Another new guy, another new fanfic....

Started by Lirren Shentai, Aug 15, 2007, 10:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lirren Shentai

This is just the beginning, but I hope that this will turn into a full-length novel. Ok....I'm going to be pretty bold here, but it's just a shot in the dark. Possibly, WyrmMaster, I could recruit the knowledge of Talin to assist me in creating an accurate sequel to ITE?
Here's the link for your literary curiosity...
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3720531/1/Inherit_the_Earth_II_Return_of_the_Humans
Like I said...it's just a start...
(Hint: More Human ruins...)

cairn destop

May I suggest you post it here on this site as well?  Do it as a separate thread and in the initial post or as part of the subject line, you ask for no comments in the thread.  Then set up another thread for comments.  We do that on the Redwall fan fiction site and that has worked out very well.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."

cairn destop

Okay, me bad with the double post.

Just finished reading the first chapter and it isn't a bad start.  I do think you rely on readers knowing the characters's rather than establishing their personalities first.  The encapsulated game summary was nice, but for somebody that hasn't played the game, (waves paw and points to self), it means nothing.  It neither helps nor hinders the story.

Considering the fact that the humans created the "Morphs," I'm surprised they didn't conquer the second world.  Wish I could remember the sci-fi writer's name, but he postulated that if there were more than one intelligent species on a world, they would fight to the extermination of the other two.  So this cooperative society needs further explanation.

Let us know if there are any additional chapters.
Once again my avatar is working.  Does Snoopy happydance. 

"The only definitions of the word 'fair' is in reference to the weather and a carnival, any other meaning is strictly a product of your imagination."